World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) is an awareness day observed on 10 September every year. The day aims to build worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides.
The theme for 2022 is ‘Creating Hope Through Action’, designed to encourage and empower people to take action to further prevent suicide around the world.
- The World Suicide Prevention Day website is is full of supporting information on how to get involved, useful resources and information on the day’s activities or events.
- A main brief offers advice on actions
- The Global Suicide Facts and Figures helps to inform with global statistics.
- The Take Time to Reach Out resources aim to support and encourage help seeking and support.
- There are also banners and social media posts available for download and sharing
- Finally, check out the WSPD events hub to help you find events, both in person and online to engage with.
World Suicide Prevention Day is an opportunity to raise the consciousness of suicide around the world, to highlight efforts that take place globally, nationally and regionally but to also highlight the role of the individual. We can all play a role in preventing suicides.
Read our Guide to Employee Suicide here.